Is Lake Havasu City AZ a good place to live?
What are some disadvantages of the Lake Havasu City metro area?
- Some disadvantages of the Lake Havasu City metro area include weak economy, poor health, few cultural resources, few recreational options and hot summers. The annual BestPlaces Comfort Index for the Lake Havasu City-Kingman metro area is 7.5 (10=best), which means it is about average compared to other places in Arizona.
What is the weather like in Lake Havasu City Arizona?
- July is the hottest month for the Lake Havasu City-Kingman metro area with an average high temperature of 103.1 degrees, which ranks it as warmer than most places in Arizona. December has the coldest nighttime temperatures for the Lake Havasu City-Kingman metro area with an average of 35.7 degrees.
What is The racial makeup of Lake Havasu City?
- If we look at the most recent Census, Lake Havasu City is known to have a predominantly White population. The next two most common races are Asian and American Indian and Alaskan.
Why is Lake Havasu always full?
Here is Why.
More water is released from Lake Mead and Lake Powell to supply the demand and California has the largest entitlements to these lakes, and Lake Havasu serves as a balancing reservoir. To supply this – Lake Havasu does not vary more than 5 feet, and in the Summer Months is consistently 98% or more full.
What is life like in Lake Havasu?
Lake Havasu City is a town in Arizona with a population of 54,495. Lake Havasu City is in Mohave County. Living in Lake Havasu City offers residents a sparse suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Many retirees live in Lake Havasu City and residents tend to be conservative.Aug 28, 2020
Is Lake Havasu Arizona a good place to retire?
A desirable 300 days of sunshine a year, low cost of living and proximity to social clubs and outdoor activities such as kayaking, Arizona golfing, fishing and boating make Lake Havasu City one of the best places to retire in Arizona--just don't call us a "retirement" community.
Is Lake Havasu the hottest city?
The first "Hot for Havasu — America's Hottest Party" kicks off June 29 celebrating the city with the highest record temperature in the U.S.: Lake Havasu City.Jun 18, 2019
Is Lake Havasu expensive to live?
Lake Havasu City's housing expenses are 9% higher than the national average and the utility prices are 1% lower than the national average. Transportation expenses like bus fares and gas prices are 10% higher than the national average. Lake Havasu City has grocery prices that are 4% lower than the national average.
What is the hottest month in Lake Havasu City Arizona?
The hottest month of the year in Lake Havasu City is July, with an average high of 109°F and low of 85°F. The cool season lasts for 3.1 months, from November 19 to February 23, with an average daily high temperature below 74°F.
Is Lake Havasu good for families?
One of the best cities to raise a family in the Southwest
Lake Havasu City isn't just one of the best places for family vacations; it's also one of Arizona's best cities to raise a family. ... Come enjoy the fun and sun in one of Arizona's best places for family vacations and best cities to raise a family.
How is living in Kingman AZ?
Kingman has affordable housing and land, and property values are going up each year. Kingman is a safe place to live. The violent crime rate in Kingman is well below average with a rate of 378 incidents per 100,000 people. This compares with a rate of 570 in Arizona and a rate of 596 nationally.
How safe is Lake Havasu City Az?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Lake Havasu City is 1 in 62. Based on FBI crime data, Lake Havasu City is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Arizona, Lake Havasu City has a crime rate that is higher than 49% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.
Are there mosquitoes in Lake Havasu?
LAKE HAVASU CITY — Health officials are asking visitors to avoid a beach on the east side of Lake Havasu after mosquitoes gathered there tested positive for the West Nile virus. ... Mosquitoes are most active at dawn. The lake that straddles the Arizona-Nevada border is a popular tourist spot.Aug 3, 2020
Is Lake Havasu Water Safe?
Yes, Lake Havasu City's tap water is generally considered safe to drink as Lake Havasu City has no active health based violations of the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) that we are aware of.Apr 8, 2021
What is the current water temperature of Lake Havasu?
Water temperature in Lake Havasu City today is 51.8°F.
Throughout the year, the water temperature in Lake Havasu City does not rise above 68°F and therefore is not suitable for comfortable swimming.
Where does it get the hottest in Arizona?
Four years after Phoenix hit 122, Lake Havasu City reached 128 degrees on June 29, 1994, the highest temperature ever recorded in Arizona.
Is Lake Havasu City a good place to live?
- Lake Havasu City is one of the smaller metros in the United States and is comprised of Mohave county. It is also considered to be part of the larger Las Vegas consolidated metro area. The many benefits of living in the Lake Havasu City metro include strong growth, sunny and low traffic.
What is the wettest month in Lake Havasu City-Kingman?
- February is the wettest month in the Lake Havasu City-Kingman metro area with 1.0 inches of rain, and the driest month is May with 0.1 inches. Humidity is low in the Lake Havasu City-Kingman metro area, and some people might find the dryness to be uncomfortable.