Is South Topsail Beach closed?
What is Topsail Island known for?
Along with its thick maritime forests, Topsail Island is also a sanctuary for sea turtles and known for its beautiful beaches. There are only two ways on and off the island: the first is a high rise bridge on the North End and the second is a swing bridge into Surf City.Jun 11, 2020
Is Topsail Island safe?
Topsail Beach is in the 2nd percentile for safety, meaning 98% of cities are safer and 2% of cities are more dangerous. ... The rate of crime in Topsail Beach is 135.09 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Topsail Beach generally consider the northeast part of the city to be the safest.
Does Topsail Island have clear water?
There are many shells and shark teeth, but not so many that you cannot walk. The water is a beautiful crystal blue-green and unbelievably clear. No mega hotels or resorts and few condos, so the population comes mainly from the rows of beautiful beach homes that are rented to vacationers.
Can you swim at Topsail Beach?
Visitors on this ocean front beach have a variety of activities to choose from along the 26 miles of pristine sandy beach including swimming, sunbathing, fishing, surfing, nature watching and site seeing. Topsail Island's Island received its name in the 1700's.
Are there sharks at Topsail Island?
Shark attacks around midday are very rare. Avoid large groups of seals or sea lions, or if you see these creatures on the beach or near the shoreline, beware.
Are there alligators in Topsail Island?
Visitors at Topsail Island watched as an alligator lounged on the beach in the Hampton Colony Saturday afternoon. Though finding alligators on the beach is very rare, its not unheard of.Jun 2, 2019
Is Topsail Island crowded?
It's Less Crowded
Even during the busy season, Topsail Island just doesn't get as busy and crowded as most other beaches. You don't have to deal with thousands of other vacationers fighting for a spot on the beach. You won't find busy chain restaurants, tourist traps, or traffic congestion here.May 20, 2019
Are there snakes on Topsail Island?
TOPSAIL ISLAND, North Carolina -- "If you are in an area that is flooded, keep an eye out for snakes." In the aftermath of Hurricane Florence, Bradley Thomas Dixon stumbled upon these two cottonmouth snakes at a disc golf course on Topsail Island. ... This is yet another reason to be cautious around flooded areas.Sep 17, 2018
Does Topsail Island have a downtown?
Topsail Beach is the southernmost town on Topsail Island, just south of Surf City. ... Ward Realty offers over 40 vacation rentals in Topsail Beach. Enjoy the canals and neighborhoods. There is a quaint downtown area (on Anderson Blvd) with a few restaurants and gift shops.Nov 4, 2019
Is Topsail Beach part of the Outer Banks?
Topsail Island isn't a part of the Outer Banks, which are also a set of barrier islands off the coast of North Carolina but are located farther north. Choose to stay in one of the three main towns: North Topsail Beach, Surf City, or Topsail Beach.
What is the clearest beach in North Carolina?
Emerald Isle is the perfect destination for those who enjoy spending their time both above and under the water. Set amongst North Carolina's exquisite Crystal Coast, Emerald Isle contains some of the state's clearest waters and whitest sand making for some seriously stunning sunsets.
Where is Topsail Island located?
- 26 mi (42 km) Administration. US. Topsail Island (/ˈtɑːpsɪl/, TOP-sill) is a 26-mile (41.8 km) long barrier island off the coast of North Carolina, roughly equidistant between the barrier islands of the Crystal Coast and the beaches of the Cape Fear region , lying south of Jacksonville, North Carolina and Camp Lejeune .
How long is Topsail Island?
- Topsail Island is long and narrow, stretching 26 miles in length and between 500 and 1,500 feet in width. Topsail Island includes North Topsail Beach and Surf City, in addition to Topsail Beach proper.
What are the best beaches in North Carolina?
- Atlantic Beach: James Willamor/Flickr
- Wrightsville Beach: Charles Chadwick Talton/shutterstock
- Nags Head: FloridaStock/shutterstock
- Carova: www.outerbanks.com
- Carolina Beach: ncmichael2k3/Flickr
- Topsail Island: Brandon Bishop/shutterstock
- Emerald Isle: Bryan Pollard/shutterstock
- Bald Head Island: iofoto/shutterstock
What city is Topsail Beach in?
- Topsail Island . It contains the communities of North Topsail Beach, Surf City, and Topsail Beach. Along with its thick maritime forests, Topsail Island is also a sanctuary for sea turtles and known for its beautiful beaches. The island lies in Onslow County in the north, and in Pender County in the south.